Mr. Václav Kudrna founded an engineering and blacksmith’s shop in Hodonín in June 1881. The company acted as a group of special workshops for repairs of machine equipment of the local and neighbouring industrial plants, sugar factories, brickworks and coal mines. The company was later extended and owned its own foundry and began producing simple valves.
The business grew thanks to the excellent reputation. A significant expansion of the company and its product portfolio occurred in 1907. The production was moved to Hodonín-Bažantnice in 1938, where it has been operating ever since.
Unfortunately, the company was heavily damaged during WWII by allied bombing. It was rebuilt and the name Jihomoravská armaturka (JMA) appeared for the first time in 1950.
In 1973, a new foundry for gray cast iron was put into operation and a new engineering plant for manufacturing of remote controlled nuclear power plant valves was also integrated five years after that. At the end of the 1970s, the company was renamed to Sigma and became a part of the Sigma concern.
The year 1996 is yet another important milestone in the history of JMA, when Bopp & Reuther AG, Mannheim, Germany became the company’s majority owner; at this time, it returned to the name Jihomoravská armaturka, spol. s r.o.
After organisational changes inside of the parent company in 2001, JMA became a part of the VAG-Group.
2017, as part of the consistent appearance of the VAG-Group, JMA was renamed VAG s.r.o.
Prague - Urban flood control system
VAG ZETA® Knife Gate Valves, VAG EROX® Sluice Gates, VAG HADE® Flap Valves
Ruse, Bulgaria - Water conduit
VAG EKN® Butterfly Valves, Dismantling Joints
Litvínov - Water treatment plant
VAG ZETA® Knife Gate Valves, VAG KRV Ball Check Valves, VAG FLOWJET® PE Automatic Air Valves
Brno - Main water supply network
VAG EKO®plus Gate Valves, VAG EKN® Butterfly Valves, VAG DUOJET® Automatic Air Valves, Automatic Air Valves, Dismantling Joints